UPDATED: March 11, 2021 12:30pm
Interfaith Social Services’ food pantry is an essential program and is open regular hours (Monday-Friday, 10-11:45am, and Wednesday evenings 5-7pm).
We’re following guidance from the CDC and local health officials and have implemented protective measures to limit person to person contact. We are also having our building professionally disinfected on a regular basis. We strive to continue providing exceptional service as well as food and emergency assistance to our neighbors in need.
Clients who drive will wait in their cars instead of waiting in the food pantry waiting room. They will pull up to our front doors and a volunteer will come out to their car and check them in. Groceries will then be brought out to the car. Clients who walk or take public transportation to the pantry will check in outside with a volunteer and then proceed to a covered outdoor waiting area. We are limiting the number of clients in the building so that people can keep a safe distance from each other.
New clients are welcome. Please arrive during regular pantry hours and bring:
- Identification for each member of the household
- Proof of residency (ex. A utility bill, rental agreement, etc.). Our food pantry only serves residents of Braintree, Cohasset, Hingham, Holbrook, Hull, Milton, Quincy, Randolph, Scituate and Weymouth.
More details here: https://interfaithsocialservices.org/food/
BUREAU DRAWER THRIFT SHOP
The Bureau Drawer Thrift Shop is OPEN regular hours - Monday-Friday, 12:30-3:30pm and Tuesdays until 7pm.
The state has placed limits on retail shop capacity, so the number of shoppers is limited. We are frequently sanitizing high-traffic surfaces.
NEW DIRECTIONS COUNSELING CENTER
Interfaith cares deeply for all who depend on our programs. We want to make sure counseling clients can still access services, even if they cannot or do not feel comfortable coming into the office. The Counseling Center remains open, though therapists and clients may choose to conduct sessions over the phone.
The Counseling Center is accepting new clients. Please call 617-773-6203 ext. 12 to schedule an appointment.
Our therapists have assembled a list of coronavirus-related resources about caring for your mental health, talking to your children and maintaining addiction recovery: https://interfaithsocialservices.org/mental-health-resources-related-to-coronavirus/
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Our biggest need is monetary donations. We are seeing a dramatic increase in new clients and are now having to purchase additional food, paper and plastic bags, masks, gloves and professional sanitizing services. Fortunately, we have very strong spending power – with just $1 we can purchase the equivalent of 5 meals. Please give if you are able. DONATE NOW: https://interfaithsocialservices.org/donatecoronavirus
- We are also in need of food pantry volunteers. Please fill out this Google form if you are interested in joining our volunteer team.
- Donations of nonperishable food items, diapers, feminine hygiene products, toiletries and cleaning products are welcome. Donations can be dropped off at Interfaith, 105 Adams St., Quincy, Monday-Friday 9am-3pm and also Tuesdays and Wednesdays until 7pm.
THANK YOU ALL!
4 thoughts on “Interfaith’s response to COVID-19”
Are Wednesday only at night or morning too
Wednesdays the food pantry is open both mornings (10-11:45am) and evenings (5-7pm).
Are you accepting donations for your career closet department?
I have approx 15-20 large bags of clothes that are appropriate for women re-entering the work force . Thank you
Yes! Our Bureau Drawer Thrift Shop is now accepting donations of clothing, books and household goods by appointment only. Sign up for an appointment here: https://bit.ly/BDdonation