Part Time Therapist
Job Description: Reporting to Interfaith Social Services' Counseling Coordinator, our therapists work as part of a cohesive team. Typically, sessions are conducted with individuals, couples, or family in an office setting as well as via telemedicine.
Type of position: Part time per diem; flexibility to set your own schedule.
Benefits include: Paid sick time, employer contribution to a 401K retirement plan, wellness and fitness reimbursement, conference/CEU allowance
- Provide direct services to clients using the principles of multi modal approach: engagement, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Collect data and summarize services for each session; maintain client files
- Attend routine team meetings to review client cases and progress
• Must be licensed in Massachusetts
• Masters Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or Counseling Psychology
• Professional Licensure / LicSW, LMHC, or LMFT
• Minimum of 2 years related post-graduate work experience
• Credentialed to accept major commercial insurance plans is preferred but not required
Application: Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title which you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
About Interfaith Social Services:
Interfaith Social Services provides South Shore residents with the resources necessary to support a healthy and fulfilling life. Our team of clinicians, staff and volunteers deliver programs focused on alleviating hunger, providing mental health counseling, preventing homelessness, and bringing joy to children. Interfaith’s food pantry is one of the largest in Greater Boston distributing 800,000+ meals to hungry local residents every year. www.InterfaithSocialServices.org.
Interfaith Social Services’ New Directions Counseling Center has been providing compassionate and skilled counseling services to the South Shore since 1947. All clinicians are professionally trained, licensed independent clinical social workers, licensed mental health therapists and masters level clinicians. Therapists provide an individualized, dynamic, holistic, strength-based, and respectful approach.
*Please note, employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at Interfaith Social Services' offices. Exceptions will be made for individuals who have medical verification as to why they cannot receive the vaccine.
*Our recruiting data suggests that underrepresented applicants often downplay their skills. Even if your experience doesn't exactly match the qualifications listed, we still want to hear from you. Please apply.