Food Pantry Assistant Driver
General Job Description: Under the direction of Interfaith Social Services’ Food Pantry Manager, the Assistant Driver will be an integral part of the team responsible for collecting , transporting and managing over 900,000 pounds of food each year - to be distributed to local families in need.
Type of position: Part-time - 25 hours per week. Monday – Friday, 7:30am–12:30pm. Some evening, weekend and evening hours are required a few times a year for special events, food pickups and meetings.
Location: Quincy, MA
Compensation: $15 an hour
Benefits include: paid holidays, vacation and sick time, employer contribution to a 401K retirement plan, wellness and fitness reimbursement.
- Assist the Food Pantry Driver with receiving, transporting and unloading food from the Greater Boston Food Bank and various local donors as needed
- Assist in maintaining the company vehicle. This includes keeping the van clean and orderly at all times
- Organize, sort and stock the pantry freezers and shelves as needed under the direction of the Food Pantry Driver and Food Pantry Manager
- Assist in maintaining the pantry and overall facility; keeping it clean, safe and efficient
- Responsible for snow removal around Interfaith’s office in Quincy
- Assist staff in carrying out other projects as needed
- Must have a valid Massachusetts Driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Reliable and dependable; able to prioritize tasks and adhere to a set schedule
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change
- Able to handle the stress of a labor-intensive job
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and lift up to 75 lbs.
Application: Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title which you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
Interfaith Social Services
Founded in 1947, Interfaith Social Services is dedicated to improving life for South Shore families and individuals in need. Our unique approach relies on a team of volunteers, donors and community partners to deliver compassionate, client-centered programs focused on hunger, mental health and emergency assistance. Interfaith’s food pantry is one of the largest in Greater Boston distributing over 500,000 meals to hungry local residents every year. www.InterfaithSocialServices.org.