NOW HIRING – Updated 1/22/2020
Homelessness Prevention Coordinator
General Job Description: Under the direction of Interfaith Social Services’ Executive Director, the Homelessness Prevention Coordinator is responsible for administering Interfaith’s HomeSafe Program. HomeSafe provides homelessness prevention and emergency assistance services to South Shore residents in need. The Coordinator is the only staff member of the program. The ideal candidate is a compassionate, creative and self-motivated person with experience in the nonprofit sector. They should be passionate about serving those in need. They must be reliable, highly detail-oriented, and a proven team player with excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
Type of position: Part-time, 20 to 25 hours per week, some evening and weekend hours are required for special events and meetings.
Benefits include: paid holidays, vacation and sick time, employer contribution to a 401K retirement plan, wellness and fitness reimbursement, etc.
- Managing all phone calls and requests for assistance
- Determining client eligibility
- Budget counseling for clients
- Maintain client records
- Staying current with all local and federal programs and benefits which may assist clients of the program
- Maintaining a strong professional network with key personnel from similar organizations and programs
- Extensive knowledge of housing, homelessness and financial assistance programs available to Massachusetts residents
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Public Administration preferable, or demonstrate applicable work experience
- Strong listener
- Ability to make hard decisions
- Comfortable exploring efficiency through technological solutions
Application: Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to Rick Doane at email@example.com. Please include the job title which you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
Interfaith Social Services
Founded in 1947, Interfaith Social Services is dedicated to improving life for South Shore families and individuals in need. Our unique approach relies on a team of volunteers, donors and community partners to deliver compassionate, client-centered programs focused on hunger, mental health and emergency assistance. Interfaith’s food pantry is one of the largest in Greater Boston, distributing over 500,000 meals to hungry local residents every year. www.InterfaithSocialServices.org.