Part Time Therapist
Job Description: Reporting to Interfaith Social Services' Counseling Coordinator, our team of eight therapists work as part of a cohesive team. Typically, sessions are conducted with individuals, couples and family in an office setting. We are a community-based organization, however, due to the current pandemic sessions are currently being conducted via telemedicine. We plan to return to in office sessions as the pandemic subsides.
Type of position: Part time per diem; flexibility to set your own schedule.
Benefits include: Paid vacation and sick time, employer contribution to a 401K retirement plan, wellness and fitness reimbursement, conference/CEU allowance
• Provide direct services to clients using the principles of multi-modal approach: engagement, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment
• Collect data and summarize services for each session; maintain client files
• Attend routine team meetings to review client cases and progress
• Must be licensed in Massachusetts
• Masters Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or Counseling Psychology
• Professional Licensure / LicSW, LMHC, or LMFT
• Minimum of 2 years related post-graduate work experience
• Credentialed to accept major commercial insurance plans is preferred but not required
Application: Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title which you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
Food Pantry Assistant Driver
General Job Description: Under the direction of Interfaith Social Services’ Food Pantry Manager, the Assistant Driver will be an integral part of the team responsible for collecting , transporting and managing over 900,000 pounds of food each year - to be distributed to local families in need.
Type of position: Part-time - 25 hours per week. Monday–Friday 7:30am–12:30pm. Some evening, weekend and evening hours are required a few times a year for special events, food pickups and meetings.
Location: Quincy, MA
Compensation: $16 an hour
Benefits include: paid holidays, vacation and sick time, employer contribution to a 401K retirement plan, wellness and fitness reimbursement.
- Assist the Food Pantry Driver with receiving, transporting and unloading food from the Greater Boston Food Bank and various local donors as needed
- Assist in maintaining the company vehicle. This includes keeping the van clean and orderly at all times
- Organize, sort and stock the pantry freezers and shelves as needed under the direction of the Food Pantry Driver and Food Pantry Manager
- Assist in maintaining the pantry and overall facility; keeping it clean, safe and efficient
- Responsible for snow removal around Interfaith’s office in Quincy
- Assist staff in carrying out other projects as needed
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Massachusetts Driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Reliable and dependable; able to prioritize tasks and adhere to a set schedule
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change
- Able to handle the stress of a labor-intensive job
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and lift up to 75 lbs.
Application: Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the job title which you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
Bookkeeper and Business Manager
Job Description: Under the direction of Interfaith Social Services’ Executive Director, the Bookkeeper/Business Manager is responsible for general bookkeeping and some office management. Bookkeeping responsibilities include: general nonprofit accounting and retail bookkeeping for our thrift shop. Office management and logistical responsibilities include: scheduling building maintenance, ordering office supplies, etc.
• Ensure that accounts payable are processed in a timely manner
• Ensure that accounts receivable are dutifully tracked, followed up on and paid
• Balance and reconcile all accounts, make daily entries and regular deposits
• Ensure that staff and volunteers are trained on cash handling procedures
• Provide monthly financial reports to the Executive Director
• Coordinate with the Finance Committee and Treasurer regarding investments and other financial decisions
• Work with the organization’s accountant to oversee an annual audit of the organization’s finances
• Reconcile the Business office’s figures with the Development office
• Oversee the organization’s payroll and employee benefits
• Point person for facility and equipment emergencies
• Order all office supplies
• Supervise the execution of all contracts and track which are nearing renewal
• 3-5 years of nonprofit bookkeeping experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or equivalent business experience
• Experience with bookkeeping and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Preferred but not required: working knowledge of the Sage accounting software package
• Preferred but not required: retail bookkeeping experience
• Experience using technology to increase efficiencies
• A passion for social justice and service to others via a grassroots nonprofit organization
Type of position: Part-time employee, 25-30 hours per week, some evening and weekend hours are required a few times a year.
Benefits include: 13 paid holidays, paid vacation, sick time and employer contribution to a 401k retirement plan.
Application: Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title which you are applying for in the subject field of the email.
Thrift Shop Manager
Job Description: For over 40 years, the Bureau Drawer Thrift Shop has been an important fundraiser for Interfaith Social Services’ various programs. Our boutique-style shop is staffed by a dedicated team of volunteers.
Under the direction of Interfaith Social Services’ Executive Director, the Thrift Shop Manager is responsible for supervising volunteers, sorting incoming donations, greeting donors, overseeing online sales, tracking data as well as general shop upkeep. The manager will be expected to achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
Type of position: Full-time, 35 hours per week. Some evening and holiday hours will be required. In the future, some weekend hours may be required.
Salary Range: $19 - $22 an hour depending on experience.
Benefits include: Paid holidays, vacation and sick time, employer contribution to a 401K retirement plan, wellness reimbursement, and health insurance. (The shop is open on most holidays, as such, the manager can take a floating holiday on a different day that same week of the holiday.)
- Volunteer supervision
- Work with the volunteer coordinator to ensure that all shifts are fully staffed.
- Train new volunteers.
- Uphold and enforce Interfaith’s ideals of equity and inclusion in all interactions with customers, donors and volunteers.
- Conduct daily team meetings with the volunteers before each shift.
- Sort donations for quality, cleanliness and working order.
- Oversee the clothing recycling initiative for textiles not fit for resale.
- Set prices for all new donations.
- Manage seasonal clothing storage and warehouse inventory.
- Research donated items that may be more appropriate for sale via eBay.
- Post and ship online sales.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Reconcile daily sales with Interfaith’s business office.
- Act as a backup cashier for volunteers.
- Customer Service
- Provide impeccable customer service for donors and customers.
- Ensure that donors are acknowledged and that they receive a donation receipt.
- Oversee the scheduling of donation appointments.
- Shop management
- Maintain a clean, attractive, and appealing shop.
- Operate the Career Closet program: scheduling appointments for low-income job seekers.
- Schedule sales for each week and month. Work with Communications Manager to strategize and implement.
- Assist in sharing shop updates via social media channels.
- Ensure that all store supplies are stocked and on hand as needed.
- Track statistical data of shop sales, recycling, bags donated, etc.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate is a compassionate, creative and self-motivated person. They must be reliable, highly detail-oriented, and a proven team player with excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Retail sales and or merchandise management experience required.
- Ability to work with, manage and motivate a diverse group of volunteers.
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds to assist in transporting donations as needed; must be able to go up an down stairs repeatedly
- Comfort using technology, especially social media, Microsoft Excel and eBay
Application: Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Rick Doane at email@example.com. Please include the job title for which you are applying in the subject field of the email.
Interfaith Social Services
Founded in 1947, Interfaith Social Services provides our community with the resources needed to sustain a healthy and fulfilling life; we are dedicated to alleviating hunger, providing mental health counseling, and preventing homelessness. Interfaith’s food pantry is one of the largest in Greater Boston distributing over 600,000 meals to hungry local residents every year. www.InterfaithSocialServices.org.