The Bureau Drawer is a boutique-style thrift shop staffed entirely by volunteers. The Shop is a fundraiser for Interfaith Social Services, 100% of proceeds from the Shop support Interfaith's food pantry, mental health counseling center and homelessness prevention program.
The Shop is open to the public and specializes in clothing, shoes and jewelry with current styles for everyone. We also sell housewares, general store items, small electronics, toys, artwork, linens, china, antiques, collectibles, vintage items and MUCH MORE!
Our book nook offers a fantastic selection of used titles in various genres. Pick up 10 used books for just $3!
Since 1975, the Bureau Drawer has been supported by generous donations of clothing and household goods from the community. We can provide you with receipts for all of your tax-deductible donations. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
See below for our donation guidelines.
Bureau Drawer Hours
105 Adams St, Quincy MA 02169
The Bureau Drawer Thrift Shop is located in the rear of Interfaith Social Services’ offices.
Sign Up for Updates!
Sign up to receive all the latest updates about the Bureau Drawer Thrift Shop, including dates of sales, coupons and more!
Unfortunately, our Thrift Shop does not have enough space for furniture donations. Here are some South Shore organizations that may be able to accept your furniture donations:
- New Life Furniture Bank of MA: 774-316-6395
- Friends of the Homeless of the South Shore, furniture bank: 781-340-1604
- Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless, furniture bank: 781 595 7570, ext. 13
- My Brother’s Keeper Business/Donation Line: 508-238-7512
- New Life Home Refurnishing: 774-316-6395
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul: 1-800 675 2882 or 781-341-4455
- Teen Challenge: 508-427-6475
Donations are currently being accepted by appointment only.
Sign up for an appointment here >
Donations are resold in our boutique-style Shop and therefore must be in new, “like-new,” or “excellent used condition.”
Torn, stained or well-worn clothing is sent to textile recycling. Please bag these items separately and mark them as “POUNDAGE.” We are paid by the pound for the textiles and the funds go directly to Interfaith’s programs.
We welcome donations of adult and children’s books! Our Thrift Shop has a fantastic book section. Donated children’s books are distributed in our food pantry to clients with children. We cannot accept textbooks or encyclopedias.
We are unable to accept:
- car seats
- damaged housewares (including chipped or cracked glassware and ceramics)
- used personal care items
- outdated or broken electronics
- computers or printers
- large TVs or large stereos/speakers
- rigid plastic toys (ride-on toys, play kitchens, etc)
- broken toys (or those with missing pieces) and stuffed animals
- medical equipment
- picture frames
No hangers, please.
No coat hangers are needed at this time. Please remove them from clothing before donating.