Volunteers are the heart and soul of Interfaith Social Services. Last year volunteers contributed over 19,000 hours of time serving within Interfaith’s various programs, we rely on hundreds of individual to staff our programs. We also welcome corporate partners and community groups who are looking for one-day volunteer opportunities. These can be great team-building experiences for your employees while they also get to give back to their community. (Unfortunately at the current time there are no weekend volunteer opportunities.)
The common denominator amongst all of Interfaith’s volunteers is their commitment to services which benefit our neighbors in need.
Roll up you sleeves and…
- serve food to hungry clients through the Pantry Shelf food program
- join the team of Bureau Drawer Thrift Shop volunteers who sort clothes and prepare items for sale
- assist low-income job seekers as they select professional attire in the Career Closet
- grow vegetables in our food pantry garden
- answer phones at our reception desk
- join a fundraiser event planning committee
- organize a food or clothing drive at your job or house of worship
- think about what specialized skills you may have and how you can use them to benefit others, call us with your creative idea
Learning Pantry Program – Teaching life skills to Interfaith’s food pantry clients
Every year thousands of food pantry clients sit in our waiting room while volunteers assemble their order. We view this waiting time as an opportunity to educate. The purpose of our Learning Pantry program is to share valuable life skills with our clients who otherwise might not be exposed to this information. The Learning Pantry program coordinates specialists from the community who teach our food pantry clients while they wait for their emergency food orders. Some of the specialists that have presented include: nutritionists, wellness advisors, personal trainers, chiropractors, addiction recovery specialists, parenting groups and financial advisors.
If you are interested in presenting information to Interfaith’s clients please contact our Food Pantry Manager, Pam Harty, at 617-773-6203 ext. 19 or email@example.com